World BEYOND War was founded to create a global movement to abolish the institution of war itself, not just the “war of the day.” If war is ever to be abolished, then it must be taken off the table as a viable option. Just as there is no such thing as “good” or necessary slavery, there is no such thing as a “good” or necessary war.
For three decades, Pace e Bene has been leading nonviolence trainings, publishing books on nonviolence, and taking action for nonviolent change. Now Campaign Nonviolence is taking this work further. A project of Pace e Bene, Campaign Nonviolence is connecting the dots by working to end war, poverty, racism and environmental destruction—and building a nonviolent culture. Join Campaign Nonviolence as we take a stand against violence and injustice.
WAND empowers women to act politically to redirect excessive military resources toward unmet human and environmental needs. WAND works to promote diplomacy and demilitarize U.S. foreign policy, elevate women’s voices in conversations about national security policy, and educate and engage women legislators and Members of Congress on peace and security issues.
Grounded in the Gospel and Catholic social teaching, Pax Christi USA is a membership organization that rejects war, preparation for war, every form of violence and domination, and personal and systemic racism. As a section of Pax Christi International, we are members of the international Catholic peace and justice movement that seeks to model the peace of Christ in our witness to the mandate of the nonviolence of the Cross.
An experiential program offering a new approach for community groups, youth organizations, and prison populations.
A program for everyone, founded on a belief in an inborn power for peace in everyone, it draws its participants and its trainers from all religious, races and walks of life.
FOR-USA’s mission is to organize, train, and grow a diverse movement that welcomes all people of conscience to end structures of violence and war, and create peace through the transformative power of nonviolence.
- We rise to demand that the 140 million poor and low-income people in our nation are no longer ignored, dismissed or pushed to the margins of our political and social agenda.
- We rise not as left or right, but as a moral fusion movement to build power, build moral activism, build voter participation.
- We rise to change the moral narrative and demand that the interlocking injustices of systemic racism, poverty, ecological devastation, the war economy/militarism and the distorted moral narrative of religious nationalism all be ended.
- We rise to challenge the lie of scarcity in the midst of abundance.
- We rise to lift the voices and faces of poor and low-income Americans and their moral allies with a new vision of love, justice, and truth for America that says poverty can be abolished.
CODEPINK is a women-led grassroots organization working to end U.S. wars and militarism, support peace and human rights initiatives, and redirect our tax dollars into healthcare, education, green jobs and other life-affirming programs. Join us!
We work to end hunger and poverty in partnership with the communities we serve. Our programs support entrepreneurs around the world, creating lasting change from the ground up.
It begins with a seed investment of livestock or agriculture, followed by mentorship to help project participants build a business, and ultimately to gain access to supply chains and markets.
By supporting and training the world’s farmers, ranchers, and female business owners, we’re investing in a new breed of success.
We’re an international movement of ordinary people working to end the age of fossil fuels and build a world of community-led renewable energy for all. Here’s how we get there:
- A fast, just transition to renewable energy for all
- No new fossil fuel projects anywhere
- Not a penny more for dirty energy
The hosting of COP27 in the green city of Sharm El-Sheikh this year marks the 30th anniversary of the adoption of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change. In the thirty years since, the world has come a long way in the fight against climate change and its negative impacts on our planet; we are now able to better understand the science behind climate change, better assess its impacts, and better develop tools to address its causes and consequences.
Our mission: to use rigorous, independent science to solve our planet’s most pressing problems. Joining with people across the country, we combine technical analysis and effective advocacy to create innovative, practical solutions for a healthy, safe, and sustainable future.
Our values: Science – Justice and Equity – Courage – Integrity – Democracy – Action
We’re equally balanced between conservatives and progressives at every level of leadership. We work in communities, on college campuses, in the media, and in the halls of political power. Our strength comes from our members and most of our work is done by patriotic volunteers.
- If you’re heartsick about the rancor tearing us apart —
- If you believe that your opponents should not be your enemies —
- If you believe that America’s best days can be ahead of her —
You need Braver Angels and we need you.
- We want to help mend the torn social fabric of American culture.
- Our position is neither left, nor right, nor centrist—we’re exploring higher ground.
- Our perspective is post-progressive, which transcends progressivism’s downsides, while carrying forward its important upsides.
- We advocate cultural intelligence, which integrates values from across the political spectrum.
- Our strategy is to foster cultural evolution by showing how America can grow into a better version of itself.
- Our theory of change is that culture and consciousness coevolve when people expand the scope of what they can value.
- We’re working to pave a new path forward for American politics.